Friday, October 30, 2009

TAC 2009 Retrospective

My 3rd trip to the TAC in Ottawa concluded the 18th of October this year. This was the first year I have attended the OIAF as well as the TAC, the Animation Festival is a great place to see new animation from independents as well as larger studios. I enjoyed the energy and vitality of the young animators and fans that attended. I wish I could somehow suck just some of the youth out of them, they wouldn't miss it, and they don't know how lucky they are. But in truth, I was young once, and I really enjoyed it, so I can't say I didn't have my turn. Besides, I'm not even 40 yet, and I feel pretty great considering what I've done (and had done) to my body over the last 30 years.
So back to speaking of the TAC, sorry for the digression. I was pitching two new show concepts this year, one is a preschool show that Brian L and I created, which I really hoped would hit the mark with PBS. Linda Simensky said she liked it, which is encouraging, but we won't know how it will go until we go farther with talking and explaining our concept. The other show I was pitching was a sketch comedy variety show. I really wish I could do a show like this, but I didn't pin a lot of hope to it, pitching animated variety show is like selling real estate on the Moon, anyone can sell it, but nobody's buying. The Shawks project is moving along, although very slowly, I'm glad to say I am happy with the team thats involved. I hung out with Mike from Disney and Brian Larson from RIT couple of nights, Mike's one of only a few that have the constitution to go out drinking with me these days, it take a pro, and he's a pro, it was just good fun. So here's to another year of working on shows and throwing things at the wall to se what sticks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home